HMR has been successfully planning and implementing hospital-physician alignment initiatives since 1991 and is the architect and hands-on facilitator of some of the most successful hospital-operated physician networks in the country. Our expertise in physician practice management, Rural Health Clinic operations, practice valuations, physician-compensation structures, and physician-hospital organizational development recognizes that successful hospital strategies rely on a medical-staff plan that generates alignment with hospital goals and meets community needs.
The physician organizations we build have withstood the test of time for four key reasons:
- they achieve excellent operating results,
- they enhance our clients’ ability to recruit targeted physicians,
- they facilitate high levels of provider satisfaction, retention, patient satisfaction and quality of care,
- they are financially sustainable over the long-term.
HMR provides turnkey physician alignment services including network design and modeling, infrastructure development plans, physician compensation planning, deal structuring, practice / asset valuations, physician / practice onboarding, and interim network management. HMR may be the only firm in the country with a demonstrated track record of building hospital owned physician networks that consistently achieve acceptable operating results.
HMR’s process starts with gathering facts and information from a variety of data sources. The most important information comes from one-on-one and group interviews with physicians, administrators, key management staff and board members. Rigorous data analysis is our stock-in-trade, but that is materially supplemented by subjective judgment garnered from decades of experience working with hospitals, physicians and their practices. Of critical importance, our plans and recommendations are real-world, practical and implementable.
The following is illustrative of HMR’s physician alignment services:
- Practice and Asset Valuations
- Practice Operational Assessments
- Physician Compensation Plan Development
- Fair Market Compensation Value Assessment
- Practice Mergers and Acquisitions
- Physician-Hospital Alignment and Integration Planning
- Practice Governance
- Provider-based reimbursement analysis
- EHR Selection, Readiness and Implementation Support
One way in which HMR differentiates itself from competitors is through its reputation for fairness to both hospital administration and physicians. As our projects progress, the respect garnered from both groups allows us to effectively represent both parties and achieve successful outcomes, even when resolving difficult, divisive issues.